Wednesday 12 February 2014

Why I will never send my child to another Montessori School

For those of you who are new to reading this blog, you might not be aware that I did originally send my son to school. It was a Montessori school, and he was there for 4 months. I took him out for a number of reasons, I will not go into that now. However, the main reason I will never send any of my children to a Montessori school is ; many Montessori schools do not employ all Montessori staff. 

The school that my son went to was generally a decent school. However, there were four teachers in the school that were not trained in the Montessori method. Which caused a lot of confusion for the children. As far as I am aware any school can use the name Montessori, the school might have three Montessori trained teachers in the school and the rest of them can have no Montessori training whatsoever. 

I don't want to generalise here because there are many great Montessori schools. I also very much believe in the Montessori method but if a school is asking you to pay huge fees to teach your kids in the Montessori way then all the teachers should be trained. Otherwise you might as well send them to a conventional  private school or a state funded school. I decided to go against the grain and homeschool. Most people might think I am completely crazy but really to be a homeschooling mum, you kind of have to be a bit of a rebel to have the guts to do it in the first place. 


No comments:

Post a Comment