Monday 7 April 2014

Homeschooling Update

Hi fellow homeschool parents!
I just wanted to check in with you guys because I have not posted in a while on here. Since February in fact. Being a homeschooling mum requires a lot of juggling, and I have had a lot on my plate. This is why I have not posted in a while. I am going to post up on here at least once a week from now on, I was trying to post every other day but I have not had the time to do that.

If you guys do not follow me on YouTube, please do. I have been posting vlogs on there, and I will be posting a vlog a week over there.

In terms of how things are going with the homeschooling. It is going great, there have been days where I have felt like packing it all in. However, I really do find this whole journey very rewarding. My son is enjoying learning new things, he loves the freedom of being able to get up travel anywhere we want to go at any given time. We do have a schedule that we refer to but sometimes we just step out of it and do something else. I have noticed that he is becoming a lot more assertive in terms of what he wants to learn. Some days he will tell me that he wants to learn a specific letter, or that he wants to do numbers or experiments. When he does this, I let him do what he wants. I really do not think it is a good idea at this age (4) to force him into doing something he is not interested in doing at that specific time.

I have so many interesting things planned for the next few months. I really cannot wait to get started, we have a unit coming up on Ghana, we will be learning about different cars, bikes, buses, our local area, various fruits and vegetables from around the world, African artists and much more.

Please stat tuned to my YouTube channel and join me on Instagram too. Right now we are on spring break over here in the UK so we will not be posting very much on Instagram but I will be posting tutorial videos on YouTube as well as general chatty videos about homeschooling.

Thank you

peace and blessings xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment