Wednesday 15 January 2014

My son wants to paint all day



For the past couple of days my son wants to paint all day. I know he loves art, science and cars. I know he is not that keen on learning numbers and letters. So today, we were learning days of the week and I decided to turn it into an art project. He really enjoyed it, I have done this a couple of times with the letters but I have not done it with numbers yet. I am going to do this more now because i know he enjoys it. He is only four and a half but I I don't want him to struggle, I would rather he gets to grips with the basics now while he is still in that phase where absorbs information easily.


I am going to put together an art directed program for him focusing on letters and numbers but using art, and probably cars. I have been doing it in moderation but I think I need to focus on this way of learning, as well as some Montessori thrown in there too. This is the first time I have ever done any kind of deliberate homeschooling. Before he tried school, I did some letters and numbers but nothing really concrete. I wish I started a little earlier to be honest but better late than never I guess. 

We spent three hours painting today and he actually did not want to stop. He did this really cool painting that I am going to mount on the wall because it just looks so artistic. Check it out below.
Keep your eyes peeled guys for some cool art projects we will be doing in the next few weeks. By the way, I posted up my first downloadable worksheet yesterday. There will be many more in the next few weeks and months. Peace and love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment